Nova Scotia Gaelic Flag
An official Nova Scotia Gaelic flag is a great addition to your home, school, or business every May for Mìos nan Gàidheal (Gaelic Month), and year-round! See below for more product details.
For international shipping rates, please contact us and provide a shipping address with your quote request. Tapadh leibh / Thank you!
The following description of the Nova Scotia Gaelic flag is from the Nova Scotia Provincial Office of Gaelic Affairs: The image is that of a salmon in the shape of the letter 'G'. The salmon represents gift of knowledge in the Gaelic storytelling traditions of Nova Scotia, Scotland and Ireland and the Isle of Man. The 'G' represents the Gaelic language and the ripples are the manifestations of the language through its attendant culture: song, story, music, dance and custom and belief systems.
- Size: 36 x 60 inches (3 x 5 feet)
- Material: Economy polyester with 2 metal grommets
- Durability: This flag is recommended for indoor use, and occasional outdoor use. (We do not recommend flying this flag overnight or in bad weather.)
- Care: For best appearance, we recommend steaming out the fold line wrinkles before use.
- For other sizes, please contact us.
In our Nova Scotia Flag Book Box, the flag is sold at a 10% discount along with two of our books that give the cultural context of the Gaelic flag and tell the story of the Salmon of Wisdom on the flag.