Nova Scotia Gaelic Flag
An official Nova Scotia Gaelic flag is a great addition to your home, school, or business every May for Mìos nan Gàidheal (Gaelic Month), and year-round! See below for more product details.
SHIPPING NOTE: Shipping cost is for one flag, within Canada. For orders of 2 or more flags, and for international shipping quotes, please contact us at orders @ bradanpress.com. Thank you for your patience as we work out the wrinkles in our online shop!
The following description of the Nova Scotia Gaelic flag is from the Nova Scotia Provincial Office of Gaelic Affairs: The image is that of a salmon in the shape of the letter 'G'. The salmon represents gift of knowledge in the Gaelic storytelling traditions of Nova Scotia, Scotland and Ireland and the Isle of Man. The 'G' represents the Gaelic language and the ripples are the manifestations of the language through its attendant culture: song, story, music, dance and custom and belief systems.
The Bradan Press book Fionn MacCool and the Salmon of Knowledge tells the story of the symbol depicted on the Gaelic flag and teaches Scottish Gaelic vocabulary words through an action story in English. For our Nova Scotia Flag Book Box, see here [link coming soon].
- Size: 36 x 60 inches (3 x 5 feet)
- Material: Economy polyester with 2 metal grommets
- Durability: This flag is recommended for indoor use, and occasional outdoor use. (We do not recommend flying this flag overnight or in bad weather.)
- Care: For best appearance, we recommend steaming out the fold line wrinkles before use.
- For other sizes, please contact us.