Nova Scotia Gaelic Flag Box
An official Nova Scotia Gaelic flag and two children’s books that give the cultural context for the Gaelic flag in Nova Scotia and tell the story of the Salmon of Wisdom on the flag. Offered at a 10% discount. If you would like the books in French instead of English, let us know in the comment section on the order form. (Please contact us for international prices and shipping.)
The Nova Scotia Gaelic flag depicts the Salmon of Wisdom. In the official description, "The salmon represents gift of knowledge in the Gaelic storytelling traditions of Nova Scotia, Scotland and Ireland and the Isle of Man. The 'G' represents the Gaelic language and the ripples are the manifestations of the language through its attendant culture: song, story, music, dance and custom and belief systems."
The book G is for Gael: An Alphabet of Nova Scotia's Gaelic Culture is a picture book that depicts the Gaelic flag's symbol and gives cultural context for the Gaelic flag in Nova Scotia. The book Fionn MacCool and the Salmon of Knowledge is a children's book that tells the story of the Salmon of Wisdom depicted on the Gaelic flag, and teaches Scottish Gaelic vocabulary words through an action story in English.
In this box, you will receive the following (with a retail value of $54):
- One official Nova Scotia Gaelic flag
- Size: 36 x 60 inches (3 x 5 feet)
- Material: Economy polyester with 2 metal grommets
- Durability: This flag is recommended for indoor use and occasional outdoor use. We do not recommend flying this flag overnight or in bad weather.
- Care: For best appearance, we recommend steaming out the wrinkles before use.
- One copy of G is for Gael: An Alphabet of Nova Scotia's Gaelic Culture, written by Shelayne Hanson and illustrated by Etta Moffatt
- 11 x 8.5 inches
- 32 pages
- 23 colour illustrations
- Published May 2020
- ISBN 978-1-988747-44-6
- One copy of Fionn MacCool and the Salmon of Knowledge, written by Terri M. Roberts
- 5 x 8 inches
- 24 pages
- 2 black and white illustrations
- Published Dec. 2017
- ISBN 978-1-988747-09-5